Sound View Greenport and the Halyard Restaurant have always been an exciting escape for our guests. A place people seek out to explore and reset by the sea. We are surrounded by nature with a bird sanctuary to our south and our private beach on the sea to the north. In these times, we have created rigorous health and safety protocols so you know that your stay with us will be enjoyable and worry-free. We have outlined in detail below the measures we are taking and are even requiring all employees and guests to sign a pledge to ensure a safe environment for everyone on property.
Our Enhanced Health, Safety and Cleaning Process
- Staying up-to-date and going above and beyond the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local health officials to ensure the safety of our guests and team.
- Increasing frequency of cleaning using hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and areas such as the lobby, guestrooms, restaurant, meeting and event spaces, recreational areas, common area restrooms, and all employee areas.
- Training our staff on comprehensive COVID-19 protocols - detailing protection against the transmission of the virus and procedures in the case of a suspected or confirmed case.
- Requiring protective masks and other equipment to be worn by all hotel associates and all persons within the hotel interiors, both guests and associates.
- Prominently placing hand sanitizer stations throughout our guest and employee areas and entrances.
- Implementing social distancing signage, guidance, and spacing of furniture in all our public areas.
- Implementing enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for our restaurant, room service, and group meetings and events.
Your Check-In/Check-Out Experience
- Providing contactless Check-In/Check-out: our guests will be able to use their mobile devices to check-in to their room, access their room while staying with us, and check-out of their room.
- Should a guest want a key card for room access, we only provide sanitized guest room key cards.
- Adding partitions at our front desk to provide an extra level of precaution for our guests and associates.
- Supplying protective masks and hand sanitizers to all associates at the front desk and to our guests by request.
Your Guest Room Experience
- Cleaning all surfaces thoroughly with hospital-grade disinfectants. Extra disinfection of the 25 most frequently touched guests room areas – examples, light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats, refrigerator handles, etc.
- Placing a room seal on doors to indicate to guests that their room has not been accessed since being thoroughly cleaned.
- Please call the Front Desk should you need extra towels or anything else for your guest room. For the safety of our guests and team, daily housekeeping cannot be provided.
- Removing all non-essential items from guest rooms (i.e. hairdryer) and making them available by request. Any paper in your room will have been printed for your use only.
- Offering contact-free room service to enjoy on your waterfront deck.
Your Dining Experience
- We are currently offering full dining service on our seasonal outdoor Deck and in our Waterfront Dining Rooms. Casual light fare and beverages are available at Low Tide Beach Bar in season.
- We have completely reorganized our restaurant to allow at least 6 feet of distance between tables and reduced capacity.
- If you prefer to eat in your room, on your waterfront deck, or beach or pool-side (in season), contact-free delivery service is available.
- View our menus online or request a single-use paper menu and order online or by phone.
- Requiring reservations at all dining establishments to ensure guests are seated promptly and ample time to sanitize tables and chairs between guests.
- Requiring all restaurant staff to wear protective masks and to complete training on hygiene and disinfecting practices, safe food preparation and service practices.
Your Pool/Beach Experience - Pool and Beach Service are Currently Closed for the Season
- Implementing a reservations-only policy for pool entry and pool and beach lounge chair usage to allow for social distancing and sanitizing between guests.
- Enjoy our casual light fare and beverages at Jack's Shack at the Pool Deck or Low Tide Beach Bar.
- Sanitizing all pool and beach furniture after each use with a deep clean each night.
- Spacing pool and beach furniture for social distancing.
- Ensuring appropriate chlorine levels for pool health and safety.
We will continue to update these health and safety protocols as new information and technology becomes available. Over the next few months, we will also roll out enhanced cleaning technologies including electrostatic sprayers which will use hospital-grade disinfectants to safely sanitize all areas of the hotel and restaurant. In the meantime, please know we are committed to doing all that we can to see that you have a safe and enjoyable stay with us. If you have questions about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website. Thank you for your continued loyalty. We are excited to welcome you back.
* Due to New York State and Suffolk County COVID-19 regulations the Piano Bar is currently closed.
- text required here, but I'm hiding this list element with CSS. Thanks, Johnathan