Learn all you need to know about our waterfront North Fork hotel before making a reservation. We aim to provide you with the best North Fork experience at Sound View Greenport. Below you'll find answers to our most asked questions, including hotel pet policy, hotel parking, hotel check in time, and more. If you have any further questions after reviewing our FAQs, please feel free to contact our hotel directly.
With respect to COVID-19, what steps is Sound View Greenport taking to help protect guests?
- We have enacted rigorous health and safety protocols so you know that your stay with us will be enjoyable and worry-free. We have outlined in detail the measures we are taking here.
What is your policy on reservations, confirmation, deposit and guarantee?
- Upon completion of a reservation, a confirmation number is supplied to the guest via telephone or email. Our standard deposit is 50% of the reservation value however the deposit required may be up to 100% of the reservation value depending on the rate plan reserved under. Rooms are guaranteed for the first night upon receipt of the advanced deposit.
- In accordance with the hotel’s reservation policy, we will charge the credit card which you designated with a deposit in the amount listed on the rate plan. Should you elect to cancel your reservation, our standard policy requests a minimum of fourteen (14) days notice of cancellation prior to arrival in order to provide a deposit refund. Cancellations made within two weeks of arrival will result in a forfeiture of deposit. Cancellation policies also vary by rate plan so please confirm the policy listed in your booking details. We strongly encourage guests to purchase trip cancellation/protection insurance to cover pre-paid and non-refundable deposits and expenses in the event guests need to cancel or modify their reservation within 14 days.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Specific cancellation policies will be noted at the time of booking and range between 72 hours and 14 days depending on seasonality and special offers. We strongly encourage guests to purchase trip cancellation/protection insurance to cover pre-paid and non-refundable deposits and expenses in the event guests need to cancel or modify their reservation inside the specific cancellation window or otherwise arrive late or depart early due to family emergency, illness, inclement weather, travel issues, or any other conditions that may prevent staying at Sound View Greenport on all dates reserved.
How can I inquire about rates?
- North Fork hotel rates fluctuate throughout the year depending on the season and special package rates are often offered. All rates are subject to applicable local and state taxes and are subject to change without notice.
How can I check availability and are there minimum stays?
- Available rooms may be reserved via telephone or through the hotel’s online booking system. If rooms are not available online, we suggest that guests contact a reservationist for further assistance. As rooms book quickly at Sound View Greenport, it is advised that guests make arrangements as early as possible to stay at the hotel. Most weekends have a two- or three-night minimum stay – information on minimum length of stays can be found on our online booking system or by calling the hotel.
What time is check-in/check-out and do you allow early check-in/late check-out?
- Check-in time is 4PM and check-out is 11AM. Early check-ins and late check-outs cannot be guaranteed; however, requests for an early check-in or late check-out will be noted by a reservationist and every effort is given to fulfill these requests. Based upon availability, late check-outs may also be arranged for an additional fee.
What is your policy on payments and other charges?
- Sound View Greenport accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diner’s Club. The hotel also accepts cash and traveler’s checks but does not accept personal checks. After the initial deposit is taken at reservation, the remaining room balance is due upon departure. There are other charges that may appear on a guest’s bill after check-out and charges may also be assessed if hotel property is missing or for damage to a room.
What amenities are available and is there an amenity fee?
- An Amenity Fee of $47 per room, per night, plus tax will be applied to your stay. Included in the amenity fee are valet parking, continental breakfast, a housekeeping gratuity, in-room welcome gift, in-room Nespresso coffee service, resort programming, Wi-Fi access, seasonal pool and bike rentals.
Is there any construction happening on property?
- No, there are no planned construction projects on property at the moment.
What are the Beach Recovery Fund and Cornell Cooperative donation charges on my bill?
- Taking care of nature and our community are of utmost importance to Sound View and our guests. Therefore, we are raising funds to save our ¼ mile of beach from coastal erosion and for Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County, a local non-profit educational agency. An optional 3% donation for our Beach Recovery Fund and a $1 per night donation for Cornell Cooperative will be added to each guest’s bill to support these important initiatives.
- About the Beach Recovery Fund: The ¼ mile of beach at Sound View Greenport is enjoyed year-round by our guests and the community and is an important part of the local ecosystem. Due to natural and manmade causes, each year the beach suffers from significant coastal erosion. The Beach Recovery Fund supports our efforts to protect and repair our beach from the effects of erosion so that it may be enjoyed by all for years to come.
- About Cornell Cooperative Extension: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County, a local non-profit educational agency established in 1917 to help strengthen families and communities, protect our environment, and foster economic development. http://ccesuffolk.org/
Does Sound View Greenport offer ADA accessible amenities and facilities for guests with disabilities?
- Sound View Greenport offers two handicapped-accessible rooms which feature accessible entry, ADA bathrooms, ramp access from the room to the shared deck overlooking the Sound, and accessible hotel grounds including lobby, restaurant, and common areas. There is limited ADA beach access and the pool is not ADA accessible. Soundview is a pet-friendly hotel, so all service animals are welcome. For more information, visit our Accessibility page.
Do you offer any private events, meetings, or weddings venues?
- Sound View Greenport and our onsite restaurant The Halyard offer venues that are perfect for all manner of private events, meetings, and weddings. Check out our Groups & Events page for more information.
What is the hotel pet policy?
- We welcome dogs under 50 lbs at Sound View Greenport - a non-refundable pet for of $75 will apply. No need to make arrangements prior to your stay - at check in please let us know you have a dog staying with you and complete the pet registration paperwork.
Do you have a restaurant?
- Yes, we’re proud to house The Halyard Restaurant, Jack’s Shack at the Pool Deck, Halyard Room Service and our new seasonal beach bar called Low Tide, to give our guests the total North Fork Experience.
Do you have a pool?
- Our seasonal outdoor pool is typically open from Memorial Day through Labor Day, weather dependent. The pool will close for the season on September 26, 2021`
Is there hotel parking available?
- Yes, complimentary parking is available across from the hotel lobby and restaurant and at the east end of the property. Handicap parking is available near the hotel and restaurant entrances.
Is Sound View Greenport a family-friendly hotel?
- Sound View Greenport is one of the most family-friendly hotels in Greenport. Room rates are based on double occupancy and there is no additional charge for children under 12 sharing a room with a parent or guardian. For children 12 and older, a surcharge of $50.00 per room per night will apply. Complimentary cribs are also available upon request.
Are there any activities to do around the North Fork area?
- Yes, our staff prides themselves on knowing all about the North Fork and the dozens of activities available any time of year, including vineyard tours. Call the Front Desk or check out our Area Guide for more information.
- text required here, but I'm hiding this list element with CSS. Thanks, Johnathan